Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Book Review of Chess Rumble

Chess Rumble by G. Neri is about This young kid named Marcus, who had anger problems and he would get into a bunch of trouble at school and at home. The main reason why he would get so angry all the time was because he didn't have a solid relationship with his father. The only way he could take his mind off things was by playing chess. At first Marcus had no idea how to even play chess and would get so angry. This book was a verse novel it was a good book I enjoyed reading it. What I like about the book was the way the author set up the book. What I didn't really like was how short the book was I wished it had gone on for a little longer. I think this book is more fitted for boys because it involved some gangs. The length of the book was a little to short it only had 64 pages. This book had at least one picture on every page that in unusual for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment